What started as a brief hiatius from blogging has turned into a three month lapse...due to several reasons. The biggest reason of all being due in September! Yes, The Adventures of Max and Lucy will be turning into The Adventures of Max, Lucy and Charlie. To our delight, this January, we found out that our family of four was growing by one...a baby boy due September 27th. After the initial excitement wore off, the sickness set in quickly followed by the sheer exhaustion. Now that I have comfortably settled into the second trimester honeymoon, I hope to start blogging more regularly.
A few funny things did happen those first few months - most memorable is Max's reaction to being told he was going to be a big brother again. After we felt we reached the "safe zone", we sat Max down one Friday night after Lucy went to bed and shared the news. His immediate reaction was to slap his hands to his head and say "But, I can't handle another Goose." After trying to control our laughter we explained that neither Daddy nor I could handle another Goose...we assured him that we were confident that Lucy was one of a kind. His initial worry quickly faded and turned into pure excitement. He shared the good news with Lucy the next morning by telling her she was going to be a big sister.
It has taken a few months, but I am pretty sure Lucy is starting to grasp the concept now. My favorite part of the entire pregnancy is when Lucy lifts my shirt to give the baby a hug and kiss. Of course, it does come at some inopportune times - she had a meltdown in Walmart one day because I refused to lift my shirt so she could kiss the baby. She has also promised me that she is going to change all of the baby's dirty diapers...I'm holding her to it!
I hope to ease back into more regular blogging over the coming weeks. The main reason I started this blog was to record the every day happenings around our house that one day will be special memories. In saving pictures off of my memory card before our recent vacation, I realized how many special times had happened over just three short months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have missed your posts! I love the reaction of Max to the pregnancy. How funny! I am so excited for you. Of course, you have one more to go to catch up with me. :)
Post a Comment