Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dancin' in the Rain

While Lucy's love of adventure and willingness to ignore the rules can certainly turn a parent's hair gray, these same traits also lead to some pretty fun times. During a recent afternoon downpour, we told Lucy that she couldn't go outside because it was raining. It just didn't register with our little lady. She told us that she would just put on her raincoat. Who were we to argue with such logic?!?





After playing in our front yard by herself, she decided that she wanted to take a walk. Max laughed at first, shaking his head at Lucy's apparent lack of reason...who voluntarily plays in the rain? But, after watching her having a blast for a few minutes, he decided that he wanted to join the fun. I never thought I would see the day that Max was scampering around in the mud...Lucy's love of life is slowly rubbing off on our more serious son...and for that, I can't help but forget about some of the more tiresome times that Lucy's free-spirited ways causes!





2 comments:

Kathy said...

I notice all the pictures are taken from the dryness of the house! Smart Mom! Glad to see some new pictures.

Reba said...

What precious memories! I love those last pictures. Max and Lucy balance each other out so well...it will be interesting to see what happens with child 3 in the mix (and fun to see his personality). :)