You learned to ride a two-wheeler. As your wheels in life take you further and further, I hope you always remember there is a place for you at home.
The first day of school involved climbing up the steps on a bus for the first time. Mommy cried her eyes out. That afternoon you bounded off the bus with a big smile and my heart was made whole again. A few months later your teacher told me she hopes her son grows up to be just like you and talks about her the way you talk about our relationship. I have never been more proud of you.
All you wanted for Christmas this year was your two front teeth. And a Nintendo DS and mp3 player.
On September 9th, you held your baby brother for the first time. I will never forget the moment. You showed your ability to give immediate, never-ending love without fear or jealousy.
Sports continue to play an integral role in your life. You have demonstrated your ability to be a team player and leader.
As I hugged and kissed you good-night tonight, I instantly flashed back to our first night together. You may no longer fit in my arms and pretty soon I may have to look up to see into your big brown eyes, but you will always be my baby. You fill our hearts with love and we beam with pride each and every day because of you!
3 comments:
What a beautiful post! Happy birthday, Max!
Happy Birthday, Max! What a change to our family when he joined us! We love you!!
what a wonderful young man little max has become :)
Post a Comment