Monday, June 27, 2011

4 Wonderful Years...

Our little lady turned 4 years old this month. Oh how I wish there was a pause button on life. Whether it is mismatched clothes, crazy hair or rain boots on her feet on a sunny day, Lucy dances to the beat of her own drum. And she is quite proud of that drum. Lucy may not be the most athletic or graceful girl, but no one tries harder. I don’t think the words “I can’t do it” have ever been uttered by Lucy. Her can-do attitude is refreshing and her sense of pride in her work is overwhelming. You can’t help but smile when Lucy shows you something.


There is no bigger heart than Lucy’s. At least once a day, someone tells me that Lucy is the sweetest girl they know. I would have to agree. Things are always sunny-side up in Lucy’s world. There is a hug for every parent at pick up time. Every baby in the neighborhood regularly gets walked by Lucy. Happy Birthday is belted out at top volume at every birthday party.


A few things I want to remember as we close the book on Lucy’s 3rd year…

• Our bedtime snuggles…no one can tell a story like Lucy

• Pictures…oh how our girl loves her picture taken

• Swimming…Lucy is the fish of the family and often our fish can be found floundering in the water because she is too busy waving to us on the side than actually swimming

• Daddy’s girl…no one in the world frustrates Daddy the way you do…yet no one in world makes him smile more

• Off to school…you love school…our once-timid girl is now the social butterfly of the class and a teacher’s pet

Lucy, you are one of a kind and I am so glad that you are ours! My birthday wish for you is that you are always able to slip on a pair of boots and dance in the rain that life brings you…knowing that sunshine is always around the corner.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Happy birthday to Lucy! She always makes me smile and I have never even really met her. :) Do you think she can come and get Joshua to toe the line?