Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nothing but the facts...

Over the past few weeks, there have been several times that I have found myself biting my lip so I don't laugh at Max. He has become quite good at stating the facts...

For example, last week I was in the kitchen washing dishes and didn't hear Max anywhere...this never results in anything good. After a brief hunt for him, I found him pulling everything out of a drawer and putting it into a large pile. When I asked him what was going on, he just looked at me with a straight face and said "A mess." I had to leave the room so I didn't laugh in his face.

Tonight, Chris and I were playing games with Max in his room and he was rambling on about the rules of Memory and using his hands to elaborate his points. I commented on how frequently he has been using his hands to talk lately. He looked at me, laughed, and said "Mommy, you don't use your hands to talk. You use your mouth." He then started to pretend his hand was talking and said "Hands don't talk."

I have to remember to never ask him how I look...I am afraid of the brutally honest answer he may give!

1 comment:

Murph said...

You've got to give my nephew credit - he's smart!
Kathy