...to raise our kids! This morning, Lucy woke up cranky and covered in last night's dinner...again. This is now Day 12 of the sporadic vomitting. This morning, though, she was clearly getting much worse so I knew daycare was not happening. I have a staff meeting each Monday so it would have been hard for me to stay home and Chris has meetings all week that he can't miss. So, Gram and PopPop got a very early wake-up call courtesy of Lucy. They must have taken a helicopter to get to our house because they made it here in less than 45 minutes, including getting themselves up and dressed...which meant I was still able to get to work on time.
As much as I hated to leave Lucy, it was a huge relief knowing that she was in very caring hands. I don't know how I could have maintained my career the past few years without their help...they jump at the chance to help with the kids any time they are sick...which in this house happens way too often. Days like these make me realize how lucky I am (and the kids!) to have Gram and PopPop in our lives!
On the Lucy front, she seems to be getting much worse...and now has a fairly high fever. I have a call into the peds office...hopefully they will shed some light on how to help her. You know Lucy is in bad shape when she never moved off of PopPop's lap all day...including dozing off for a few catnaps. Usually, we are chasing her around begging for a little cuddle time! She also refused to eat all day...another clear sign that Goose isn't well...the girl likes to eat...and eat...and eat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope that she recovers quickly.
:( I agree about the village thing. I could not do nearly anything I have done without the help of my parents (mainly my mom).
Post a Comment