In other completely unrelated news, Max has begun doing chores around the house to earn a little money. If he completes all five tasks each day, he earns a quarter...there is a recession going on, so I feel Max should learn about tough economic times early :) His chores include making his bed, feeding the cats, cleaning his room, getting dressed in the morning (not really a chore...but definitely a point of contention every AM, so it got added to the list) and putting his dirty clothes in the "hamster" each night, as he calls it. So far, he is up to 75 cents.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
A Pocket Surprise
Standing in line at Staples a few days ago, I had a moment when I realized I was definitely a mommy. I had my nice work clothes on, my laptop bag on my shoulder, my hair was done and I had on make-up...I thought I was completely put-together. Until I reached into my jacket pocket. As I attempted to pull out my credit card, I was beginning to get more and more flustered as it wouldn't come out of my pocket. After further investigation, I realized that it was firmly stuck in my jacket pocket by a gooey carmel substance. As was everything else in this particular pocket. At the bottom of all of this mess was a half-eaten Hershey's carmel kiss. It took all of 0.5 seconds to realize where said kiss came from... 

I am fairly confident of the order of events that led up to the pocket incident. First Lucy begs for a Hershey's kiss on the front table. Mommy says no because it is dinner time. Mommy walks into the kitchen to cook dinner. Lucy takes advantage of this opportunity to shove several kisses into her mouth. Mommy comes out to check on the all-too-quiet Lucy. Lucy shoves the half-eaten kiss into the jacket pocket in hopes of escaping a time-out.
In other completely unrelated news, Max has begun doing chores around the house to earn a little money. If he completes all five tasks each day, he earns a quarter...there is a recession going on, so I feel Max should learn about tough economic times early :) His chores include making his bed, feeding the cats, cleaning his room, getting dressed in the morning (not really a chore...but definitely a point of contention every AM, so it got added to the list) and putting his dirty clothes in the "hamster" each night, as he calls it. So far, he is up to 75 cents.
In other completely unrelated news, Max has begun doing chores around the house to earn a little money. If he completes all five tasks each day, he earns a quarter...there is a recession going on, so I feel Max should learn about tough economic times early :) His chores include making his bed, feeding the cats, cleaning his room, getting dressed in the morning (not really a chore...but definitely a point of contention every AM, so it got added to the list) and putting his dirty clothes in the "hamster" each night, as he calls it. So far, he is up to 75 cents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
OMG that is funny! Haven't had gooey yet! I sure it is a matter of time.. I swear that all talk to each other! :-)
I wonder if Rudy is ready for a money bribe - it would be worth it to pay him to get dressed every morning. Let me know how long the money earning lasts. :)
maybe max can raise enough money for the dry cleaning bill :)
Oh, the joys and surprises of motherhood. Keeps you hopping. :) (And guessing much of the time)
I often open my bag at a work meeting to pull out a pad of paper and pen to have empty sippy cups spill out. Or used tissues. It definitely impacts your professional image.
~Chris
Post a Comment