His hernia was surgically repaired this morning. So far, he is doing great and he was a super patient this morning...he kept his great sense of humor through it all...including selecting a T-shirt with a dragon on it because he wanted to scare the doctors. I have a feeling that recovery will be slightly worse than the surgery itself...he will not be able to play sports or do any rigorous activity for a few weeks. Not to fear, Chris and I are looking into handcuffs and an alarm for his room. We have decided that this will be the only way to keep him still.
Since we had to arrive at CHOP by 6 AM, we decided to spend the night in the city...best decision we ever made. We are usually stressed about traffic the morning of procedures and this morning, we arrived early to CHOP and well-refreshed. We did manage to spend an hour walking around the city last night and Max loved the view from our room on the 19th floor. We had a great view of the William Penn statue...prompting Max to comment that Billy Penn must have needed a really tall ladder to build our hotel so high!
4 comments:
You must have had a whirlwind night. Did you decide at the last minute to stay in the city? Glad all went well.
glad that he did so well! kisses and hugs for the little guy from me! xoxoxo
I love the "dragon" shirt idea. Fun! I am glad things went well. I wish you LOTS of luck in keeping him relatively still and inactive. :) We have never had much luck with that at our house...(I mean with mine, not Max :)
Glad to see that all went well! I hope that Max is recovering well and that you remember to put powder on his wrists to help the handcuffs not rub so bad! :-0
Post a Comment