Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Deep Thoughts...by Maxwell

Max: Mommy, the other night I had a dream that I jumped when you and Daddy told me not to jump. And, I jump so high I went above the clouds up to God.

Mommy: OK.

Max: And, I told God "You better only let it rain one day a week." He didn't like that.

Mommy: OK.

Max: God looked like Merlin the Magician.

Mommy: Really?

Max: Yes, except his beard was more like Santa's...fuller than Merlin's. But other than that, he looked just like Merlin.

*************************

Max: Mommy we had science class today.

Mommy: Great. What did you do?

Max: We made a polymer.

Mommy: A what?

Max: A polymer.

Mommy: What's that?

Max: A stretchy material that you can pull and it won't come apart. It also can bounce.

Mommy: So, it is like rubber?

Max: I don't know what rubber is. I only know what a polymer is.

******************

Mommy (while outside on the front step passing the time last week): Let's try and find some shapes, Max.

Max: OK.

Mommy: The pumpkin is a circle.

Max: No, it is a sphere.

Mommy: Right. What about the electric box...a rectangle, right?

Max: No, it is a rectangular prism. Do you get breaks during the day, Mommy, at your job?

Mommy: Yes, I can take a break whenever I want. Why?

Max: Because I think you need to sit in my class, Mommy. You don't know your shapes.

Mommy: Yes, Max, I think I do need some refresher courses.

5 comments:

Reba said...

Oh, my...he is a SMART kid! I bet you have LOTS of fun conversations!!!

Megan said...

LOL LOL LOL I love it!! I am glad he is feeling better!!

Kathy said...

So funny! Don't you love it when they get smarter than us?!

renee said...

have a feeling we are gonna get schooled by a five year old this weekend!

Chris said...

Some people do view God as a cross between Santa and a magician, so he's not far off. i like Max's idea of rain only yone day a week