Thursday, January 20, 2011

Friday Fun Fest

Around Thanksgiving, Max and Lucy started really playing well together – legitimately playing – not just running around like little crazy people who happen to be in the same room. They have become quite close to the point that Chris and I are afraid of what they are planning some days. A few weeks ago, Max approached us with the idea of having a sleepover with Lucy. We thought about it for a few days and ultimately agreed to try it out one Friday night. It worked fabulously and has now become a bit of a tradition.

Once Max and Lucy have negotiated an agreed-upon movie (which sometimes makes Middle East Peace look more likely), they snuggle under multiple covers and are out of our hair by 7:30 PM. Lucy has been surprisingly well-behaved and is usually asleep before 8 PM most nights. Chris and I have rediscovered a whole new slot of time for ourselves and are thoroughly enjoying our date nights every Friday as we are child-free by 8 PM.



I will admit that we do sometimes eavesdrop on their conversations – which are heartwarming. Max is firm, yet gentle, when Lucy tries to stray from the rules (no running around, no food, try to fall asleep). He even repeatedly covers her up until her blankets are just the right way and kisses her good-night.
I am not sure how long this love affair will last between Ma x and Lucy, but Chris and I are milking it for all it’s worth. We have a date night every Friday and enjoy sleeping in while they continue the fun when they wake up.

1 comment:

Reba said...

What a fun tradition! Hearing that makes my heart smile...love the relationship between your two. Enjoy those date nights!!!