Monday, July 21, 2008

The Shobies Invade

The Shobies (i.e. Max, Lucy, Chris and I) invaded Primo Rudy's house for the weekend. It was quite a weekend...and a great precursor to our upcoming vacation together. After a few hours of hearing "That's mine", "I had it first", and "Stop copying me", Max and Rudy simmered down and realized that no one was taking any toy permanently. The boys enjoyed playing together at the house and then we hit the boards...with an unlimited supply of ride tickets, thanks to Grandpa, the boys rode every ride possible...some twice...although never sitting next to each other! The boys loved the roller coasters and kept asking to go again...a few more years and I might actually have someone to go to the amusement parks with since Chris will have no parts of it.

Max was suprisingly good at the bumper cars...I had a flash of his teens years before my eyes.



Kathy and I are convinced that Chris and Paul were the ones advocating for this next ride.


Max's legs didn't work most of the day and he insisted on being carried around everywhere. It was only after I reminded him that seagulls might do some business on his head way up there that he decided to come down closer to the ground.


Lucy even went on a ride...this is her getting ready to ride the carousel. I have absolutely no idea what she is doing. She did, however, love the carousel...she squealed and laughed the entire time.


All of the excitement wore Lucy out, though, and she dozed off while the boys kept riding...

Saturday night we hit the playground...the boys just have endless energy...

Lucy is still insisting on going up every slide...one day she will learn the other way is much easier.

Lucy doesn't fit too well in the baby swings so Chris thought the handicap swing was a good idea...Lucy wasn't so sure.

All in all, we had a great weekend and loved spending time together with Primo Rudy. I think Louie benefited the most, though, from the weekend. He probably put on about 10 pounds by just camping out under Lucy's seat. I realized when we came home and had to clean under her highchair that there might be some advantages to a dog!


I saved this picture for last because it pretty much sums up the two boys...Monkey See, Monkey Do...


1 comment:

Murph said...

Love that last picture! And it looks like Lucy is sticking her fingers in her easr and sticking out her tongue - did Max or Rudy teach her that?