Growing up, I only ever knew one grandparent, my Grandma. Grandma lived in Michigan so I didn't have the opportunity to see her often. However, I have fond memories of spending time with her playing cards, going out for dessert at 3 in the afternoon and just talking with her. These are the small, but significant, things that forged my bond with my Grandma.
When I look at Max and Lucy with their grandparents, I realize how lucky they are to have these people in their lives. Grandparents who unconditionally love them regardless of the messes they have made, the naps they have missed and the manners they forgot at dinner.
While I had cards and dessert to bond over with my Grandma. Max and Lucy have found their own special times to share with Grandpa, Gram and PopPop.
Gram proudly bought Lucy her first doll stroller. I am sure there are many more to come, as well.
Max and PopPop play nine innings of baseball in the basement every time he is down for a visit.
Vacations are often spent relaxing with Grandpa.
PopPop's list of nicknames for Max is never-ending...including Sandpaper Head and Starvin' Marvin.
Somehow Max convinces Gram that he can watch "just one more movie" past his bedtime when he has sleepovers at her house.
Lucy manages to sweet smile her way into getting PopPop to take her for a walk, even in the 90 degree heat. With a mandatory stop at the swings, no less.
Many a night, we walked in at 11 PM to find baby Max curled up watching TV on Grandpa's lap when he babysat.
And, let's not forget, the years old competition between Max and PopPop to find the biggest french fry.
No comments:
Post a Comment