And eat dinner...yes, that is a napkin on Max's head. I can clean him up but he is still a goofball...
You may be wondering why there is a pirate golfing with PopPop...Max came home with a different "face" every time we picked him up from camp...one evening he was a bunny...which conveniently matched the bunny towel animal that awaited us in our room that evening. We had a different towel animal each night...including a frog, monkey hanging from the ceiling and a dog. Max was particularly fond of the dog since it fit in with the other animals in our cabin for the trip...


We did manage to have some fun adventures off of the ship...including visiting an gator farm in Florida, browsing the streets of Nassau and visiting Atlantis in the Bahamas. And, yes, that is a real alligator Max is holding...his name is Brutus. And, his birthday is in June. Max asked.

The highlight of the trip, though, was the talent show. Max had been telling us all week that he was singing in the talent show. I thought it was a cute idea, but I just couldn't imagine him having the guts to follow through. He proved me wrong. Very wrong. I could not have been more proud of my little boy. He was the first one called up to perform. He jumped up, talked clearly when he was asked questions and then the real show began. He belted out the best version of "You are my sunshine" in front of 50 people. I literally had tears in my eyes...this has been the last song I sing to him every night since he was born before I leave his room. Then, his entire class performed a dance they had been practicing all week. Max led the class.
Mommy with her sunshine...






1 comment:
What a fun time! I am ready to board a boat. I didn't ever know if the kids would really enjoy it. I am glad you had fun together. What sweet memories. I loved reading about the talent show too.
Post a Comment