Friday, May 1, 2009

Along for the ride...

I apologize for my lack of posting during the past few weeks...time has just flown by. I was in South Carolina for work last week (the adventures of that trip are a blog post in itself!) and this week has been filled with packing and unpacking (thanks to Lucy's "help") and packing again for our cruise. Max and I leave on Sunday for a week long cruise with my parents...we are both looking forward to some quality time with Gram and PopPop.

Our time has also been taken up by Max's latest sports endeavor...T-ball. Once again, Lucy had to find ways to pass the time. Max's last sport, basketball, was a disaster as far as Lucy was concerned...a confined space in which she was being asked to not run on the court...she was not a happy camper. Towards the end of basketball, we started putting her in the child watch area at the Y because taking her to the game was just too traumatic for all involved! I had high hopes that T-ball would be a better spectator sport for Goose given its outdoor nature and the fact it is held next to a playground. It has proven to be a bit better than basketball - only because her screams don't echo as loudly. Lucy is still not happy that she is unable to play with the big kids...at one point, I had to get her down from climbing up the fencing behind home plate. The other big issue at basketball was that no food or drinks were allowed in the gym...ummm...how I am supposed to keep my chubby 22 month old entertained without food or drink? There are no such silly rules at T-ball which is yet another reason that it is ranked higher on the scale. So, the past few weekends Lucy has gotten her exercise running in the outfield and enjoying some delicious lollipops. To Lucy's credit, she does get dragged along to everything Max has going on...I hope one day Lucy repays Max by having him sit through hours of dance recitals!

2 comments:

Murph said...

You know she will just make Max watch her sporting events - I really don't think she's going to be a ballet kind of girl. :)

Reba said...

I love the pictures. I feel your pain on the sports. I honestly just stay at home a lot with Joshua. (For one thing, Hunter's games are often not until 7:45.) There is nothing easy about it. I hope you have a great time on your cruise!