Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bend it like Maxwell

He may not be up to Beckham level quite yet, but Max is well on his way! This past Saturday marked Max's first soccer game of the season. He had trouble deciding if he wanted to play soccer or football this season, so we signed him up for soccer. He has played both before, but he seems to like soccer a little better than football. Based on the way he has been playing and his enthusiasm on the sidelines, I think we made the right choice. He even tried his hand at goalie this week. A ball did sneak by him, but he still loved trying out the position.
With a new sport season beginning, the apprehension of how Lucy will do at the games always sets in...our little tyke surprised us. She only ran on the field once and there were no noticeable meltdowns...a SUCCESS! I don't expect this gold-star behavior to last, but we certainly enjoyed it. I think it helps that this year we play in a much more secluded area and there is only one playing field...it gives the Goose more room to roam and cause chaos (or play hide-and-seek with Daddy and a tree) while not actually disturbing the game!
After the game, we came home and attempted an informal photo shoot with the kids...as you can see, they were much more interested in making silly faces and showing off their "BEEEEG MUSCLES" as Lucy loves to yell!




1 comment:

Reba said...

Way to go, Max. I am impressed by Lucy's behavior. I have to admit, I think I missed more games than I saw this year when Hunter played baseball. It was too exhausting. (Plus he played late) Maybe Lucy can teach J-man what to do. :) I cannot get over how big she is getting...she is really growing. And Max is as handsome as ever!