Before hitting the first festival on Saturday, I took Lucy outside for some pictures with a beautiful mum we have in our front garden. I wish I could say I painstakingly nurtured this plant to its current state...but, I literally did nothing other than pick a really hearty, low maintenance plant last fall! If you look closely, you will see a few pieces of candy corn in Lucy's hand. You will also see that Lucy's hair is combed. The two are no coincidence.
We spent Saturday afternoon at a festival with a corn maze. Lucy LOVED the maze because there were wooden characters every few feet. She spent the time running from character to character and waiting for me to take a picture with each one. We even found her namesake!
Saturday night Max's friend G slept over. His mommy thought we were crazy for having G over with a newborn, but it was honestly easier having G here. Max and his buddy played outside all night and then calmly fell asleep in the basement (in their matching PJ's) watching a movie. Chris and I joked that it was the first time we have been kid-free before 9 PM in a long time. This sleepover was particularly pleasant because the boys included Lucy in their activities for the most part. Last sleepover, we heard a lot of "Boys! Let me in!" as Lucy pounded on Max's door!
After a casual Sunday morning spent playing outside, we met up with G's family for a playdate at another pumpkin patch. Lucy and G's little brother get along great, so it is always fun having family playdates. Sunday was no exception...the four kids ran from activity to activity with little assistance needed from us. We even took the gang on a hayride and Charlie seemed to enjoy himself as he slept snuggled up to Chris in the carrier.
1 comment:
You are on a roll with all these blogs! Lucy looks so different with her hair combed back- less wild child, more little girl.
Post a Comment