The minute Lucy holds Charlie, she lights up with a big smile and beams with pride. Her "Big Sister" shirt is Lucy's first choice of clothing whenever it is clean. Having Charlie has also fostered some quality bonding time between Mama and daughter. My favorite time of day happens each afternoon. I cuddle Charlie as he eats and Lucy snuggles next to me and feeds her baby...also named Charlie. Lucy and I chat about our days as we feed our babies. I worry about the day Lucy starts to offer parenting advice to me during these feeding sessions!
Of course, the transition has not been without some funny moments as well. Lucy has told everyone at school that she has a baby sister and will only refer to Charlie as "she". Chris thinks Lucy is just having some trouble with gender differences. I am not so sure that she is doing it by accident! Although Lucy may secretly have longed for a baby sister, I am very happy to have Goose as my one and only daughter. I love giving her a kiss each night knowing her she will always be my little girl.
1 comment:
She looks so OLD, Patti! I can't believe how big she's gotten!
Post a Comment