Without further adieu, I would like to introduce the newest member of our family, Charles Derien Andes.
Date of Birth: September 9, 2010
Time: 8:23 AM
Birthweight: 7 pounds, 6 ounces
Length: 20 inches
It would be nice if I could one day share with Charlie a heartwarming story of how his entrance into the world was filled with love and peaceful tranquility. Read closely...I wrote "I would". Unfortunately, we will be telling Charlie a rather funny (now) story of how his mother was in denial she was in labor, including blatantly telling a doctor she was wrong, a rather heated car ride to the hospital which included yelling at his daddy about how the doctor was very wrong and wasting his mommy's time and 12 hours more of labor denial followed by me shamefully admitting to the same doctor that she may have been right about the labor diagnosis. Oh well. At least he has a comical birth story!
Although I would like to forget about the bit of chaos my denial may have caused, I hope the minute details of those moments when our family grew by one are etched in my mind and heart forever. Holding our son for the first time. His loud cry that when on for hours. The tiny, slightly crooked pinkie on his left hand wrapped around my finger. His hair spiked up in a natural mohawk. A bottom lip completely hidden. His quivering lips when crying. The way he insisted on his legs being completely tucked in.
A year ago, I could not have imagined a life with three children. Today I cannot imagine a life without three children.
1 comment:
So sweet. I missed the whole in denial thing. I was like that with our first child. Hubby made me go to the hospital. Fun times. I love the sweet things you do remember; you are so wise to note them in case that memory fades with the craziness of life with three kids. :)
Post a Comment