Thursday, November 11, 2010

Deep Thoughts by Max. And Lucy.

A recent conversation with Lucy regarding cleaning…
Mommy: Lucy, please clean up the mess you made with the toy basket. I will help you. Should we get Charlie to help us, too?
Lucy: No. Charlie didn’t make the mess. Charlie doesn’t have teeth so he can’t make a mess.
-----------
Max and Lucy discussing her royalty status…
Lucy: Max, go get my shoes from upstairs.
Max: No. Get them yourself. You’re not the queen.
Lucy: Yes, I am the queen. Go get my shoes.
Max: Fine. (As he stomps off up the stairs to fetch the queen’s shoes.)
-----------
Max on the finer details of his Christmas list…
Mommy: Max, what pillow pet are you thinking of asking Santa for?
Max: A dragon.
Mommy: I don’t know if they make dragon pillow pets. What would your second choice be?
Max: Mommy, it’s Santa. He has elves. They can make whatever you ask for. Duh!
-----------
Max on his academic standings…
Max’s friend: Who do you have for targeted reading time?
Max: Mrs. Hess
Max’s friend: I didn’t know she had any kids for reading because she is the librarian.
Max: She only has the goodest readers. I am smart so I have her.
-----------
Max attempting to lie to Chris…
Daddy: Max, did you write on the wall?
Max: No, Lucy did that.
Daddy: Max, the drawing has your name written on it.
Max: Oh.
-----------
Convincing Max to go out with us on errands…
Daddy: Max, get your shoes on. We have errands to run.
Max: I don’t want to go. Errands are boring.
Lucy: Max, it not pouring. It is boo-tiful out.
Max: I didn’t say pouring. I said boring. And, I am still not going even if it is nice out.
-----------
Spelling test studing with Max…
Mommy: Max, spell “we”.
Max: Which one – the game or the other one?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

hahaha. Love it!
Guess we're going to try to find a dragon pillow pet! ;)

Reba said...

Those cracked me up (especially the queen one, followed closely by the writing on the wall). Your kids are so clever. And funny. Can I live at your house? It is not so funny here right now with a terroristic 3 year old...

renee said...

too funny!

Megan said...

LOVE IT!!! You just never know what is going to pop out theirs mouths next!