Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trick or Treat

If I don’t force myself to write this post now, you may be wondering why I am posting Halloween pictures at Thanksgiving! As always, the memories are being made faster than I can blog about them.

I am not the type of mom that spends months carefully sewing together a coveted Halloween costume for my offspring. If it can’t be found at a store or costs more than $20, chances are I am begging the kids to find a different idea. This year, those criteria proved rather challenging for Max. One of his best friends was planning on going as Mario…of course this meant that Max had to go as Luigi. Apparently, many many many other children in the tri-state area also had their hearts set on Luigi. It was a nearly impossible costume to find at a reasonable price…resulting in tears on both Max’s part and my part. By sheer luck, I found the costume at a new toy store that opened one week before Halloween. And it was on sale for $19.97. He came under budget by 0.03 cents.


Lucy took a much different approach to costume selection. She went with the philosophy that more is better. Her eyes met up with the Halloween accessory aisle in the store. All was well in her world. She ran around picking butterfly wings, a ballerina skirt, tights and a fairy wand. I asked her what all of these things added up to be…her response was “I don’t know. But I have my costume.” We have loving named her costume the “Ballerina Butterfly.”

While the older two kids enthusiastically dressed immediately after Halloween dinner, Charlie expressed his pure discontent with mommy’s choice in costumes. The peapod was not happy about partaking in the festivities. And he made it very well-known. Charlie decided to deal with his emotions the best way possible…sleeping through his embarrassment over the outfit.


I may or may not have told these two they would not be allowed out unless they agreed to a sibling picture.

They were rewarded for their efforts with a silly picture.

Even Chris got into the Halloween spirit. He claims this was the only orange shirt he could find. You can be assured that I will be purchasing an orange T-shirt for him before next Halloween.

No comments: