No, there is not a typo in the title of this post. It is how I will always remember this mother's day. Last Thursday, Max proudly ran out of his classroom to give me a big hug, a struggling little plant and a card that read "Happy Mothes Day". He also proudly exclaimed that he wrote it all by himself by sounding out the words. He also drew a big basketball hoop on the card because I "love basketball" in Max's words. Unfortunately, the plant didn't make it through the night which meant there were lots of tears on Friday when Max ran downstairs to water it. He was sobbing that his gift was ruined. I managed to convince Max that we could leave it in the window and it would grow back. I see a trip to the local garden store in my future. Moments like those are the ones I will treasure forever.
I also need to thank Chris for helping me stay sane as a mother. He watched Max and Lucy all weekend so I got to enjoy a wonderful spa day on Saturday with my sisters-in-law and indulge in a nice lunch and shopping with my mom on Sunday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment