Ying and Yang
Black and White
Night and Day
Max and Lucy
Yes, they share the same genes. But, the similarities end there for our two munchkins. Over the past eighteen months, Chris and I have continuously noticed the differences between Max and Lucy…almost from Day 1. Lucy loved to be swaddled as a newborn…Max kicked his blankets off within five minutes of being born. Max insisted on being rocked to sleep every night…Lucy demanded to fall asleep on her own in her crib. Max would only take naps in the car…Lucy only sleeps in her crib. As Lucy grows, the differences are becoming even more apparent. The recent progress reports we received from their schools highlighted these differences. Max’s report, as always, was glowing…Lucy’s had several helpful suggestions for us! Here are some examples:
Gross motor…
“Max is well-beyond age appropriate levels in this area.”
“Lucy continues to perfect her walking. Running, jumping and squatting are areas for improvement.”
Social…
“Max has a servant heart and is very kind to his many friends.”
“Lucy can be a bit rough when playing with her friends.”
Language…
“Max has full vocabulary and is well-spoken. He participates nicely in class.”
“Lucy can say Hi.”
Fine motor…
“Max writes all of his letters very nicely and enjoys art.”
“Please work with Lucy to stop her from eating the finger paint at art.”
Emotional…
“Max always takes responsibility for his actions and accepts disappointments in stride - very mature.” (Not sure I agree with this one, but he puts on a good show at school!)
“We are looking for Lucy to show emotion towards others…show concern when someone gets hurt or laugh with others.”
We love seeing both of their unique personalities develop and mature…despite Lucy’s many areas for improvement, we wouldn’t have her any other way. She dances to the beat of her own drum…and we love the music she makes! Plus, having two kids with Max’s traits would probably drive me crazy…I couldn’t handle three people in the house with gross motor skills “well-beyond age appropriate”…I would have no one left on my level! Lucy and I did just register for some Mommy and Me dance, art and gymnastics classes at the YMCA…watch out boys…we are coming after you! I am confident that by the spring, I can teach Lucy that painting on paper is much more fun than taste-testing the art materials.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did they really ask you to work with her to stop eating finger paint? How exactly are you supposed to do that?
Post a Comment