Monday, December 1, 2008

Dear Santa...

Out of the blue, Max asked to make a Christmas wish list tonight. I asked him if he wanted to make one a few weeks ago and he shrugged his shoulders and continued on his way. I was left to guess what the little guy wanted from Santa. Apparently, I guessed very wrong based upon his list tonight. His list consists of three categories...completely practical, completely impractical (i.e. never going to happen) and a bit odd but possible. Drumroll please...

On the completely practical side, we have a Reading Phillies hat, a Phillies shirt and new pants. He informed me that several of his pants have holes in them. I informed Max that until he stops sliding on every football play at recess, he will continue to wear pants with holes in the knees.

The bit odd list included a bed for Puppy...according to Max, his beloved lovey Puppy keeps him up at night barking so he needs his own dog bed. He also requested a Puppy for Lucy. He insisted that Lucy keeps taking his Puppy, but I have yet to see this happen.

Now for the wishes that will never happen...a battery operated car and a new bathroom just for him. Yep, our 4 year old asked for his own bathroom. I guess he can foresee lots of issues between him and Goose in the future. I did explain that Santa's sleigh would probably not be able to fit a battery operated vehicle. He seemed somewhat okay with this explanation. When I laughed aloud after he asked for the bathroom, he just muttered "Oh man, why not?"

He also requested books and card games. These were the only two items that I even came close to guessing correctly during my Christmas shopping. Good thing Santa kept all his receipts.

3 comments:

Murph said...

He's warming up to Santa - I guess he's starting to see the benefits of a guy who brings presents!

Anonymous said...

i love max's imagination. these stories make me smile;)

Chris

Megan said...

LOL- I have a feeling I will be giggling about this for a few days! I love it!