After a rainy week, the weather finally turned nice and it was a perfect day to explore...first stop...ferry to Liberty Island. It was Lucy's first boat ride and she loved it...her favorite part was sticking her head between the bars and looking over the side.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Lady Liberty
This past winter, Max became very interested in the Statue of Liberty and he kept asking to visit the monument. So, last Friday, we packed the car and headed up the Jersey Turnpike to see Lady Liberty in person. It was my first time visiting the island as well...I had seen the Statue from afar when visiting New York but never had been inside.


After we arrived at the island, we waited about an hour and half to go through security...it was like nothing I have ever experienced before...think airport security times ten. When we were eventually deemed safe enough to go inside, we walked through the museum at the base of the Statue. This is also where Max learned to take pictures...I don't think they are too bad...and it is nice to have some pictures of Chris and I together!
Max also like pretending to be the Statue....and of course, Goose had to do exactly what Max was doing...only she went for the two-torch look...
Some random pics inside...

The museum led out to the stairs to climb up to the observation deck...I will admit that we wimped out and took the elevator up...Lucy hasn't quite mastered walking up stairs yet...and Chris vividly recalled the trek to the top of the lighthouse carrying her last summer.

Saying good-bye to Lady Liberty...until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Awesome pictures! What a fun trip and an incredible learning experience for Max. I hope to one day see Lady Liberty myself. Oh, and Max is a pretty good photographer!
It should be noted that Max and I walked down the steps after we were done on the Observation deck. It was only 150 steps ... which is much easier to do when you aren't carrying a 30 pound ball of energy.
I'm impressed you took the Goose. Looks like fun!
What a fun time! I hope we can get the girls there one day. You guys are brave though... I don't think NYC is ready for Charlotte!! LOL
Post a Comment