Friday, June 5, 2009

Camping Out

As I went to write this post, I realized just how long it has been since I last updated. It sure is a indication of exactly how busy life has been around these parts. The weather has been beautiful, for the most part, which means late nights playing outside and work has been incredibly busy so I have been spending several hours each night trying to stay afloat. Lucy also felt she wasn't get quite enough attention so she managed to earn herself an ear infection. Yesterday morning, Max was being extremely difficult as I tried to hurry him out the door for school. As I drove out of his school's parking lot, I had this overwhelming feeling of guilt...the few times I have interacted with him this week were mostly to tell him to do something or to behave himself. At that moment, I made the executive decision (you know, because I am the executive of our house!) that last night was family fun night...no work, no playing outside...just quality family time.

Our family fun night turned into a campout for Max and I! Max's friend is going to have a sleepover/campout party on Saturday night, so we needed to make sure our tent was still operational. At this point in my life, if it isn't a Marriot or Hilton, chances are I am not sleeping there...so the tent has gotten little use in the past few years! We determined the tent was still in great condition, but just to be on the safe side, Max and I slept in it last night in the basement. I can't say it was the most comfortable night's sleep, but it was probably better than the sleep we will be getting outside on Saturday night.Because no camping trip is complete without a little wildlife.
I think the worst part of the entire night was Maggie walking around constantly and resulting sounds of crunching on the floor of the tent. Mags likes the finer things in life and I think she had trouble finding a comfy spot.

3 comments:

Murph said...

Wow, a sleepover/ campout party? And you're not sending Chris?
Camping in your basement looks like fun.

Megan said...

That looks like it was so much fun! Good idea fellow CEO (Chief Everything Officer!)

Reba said...

What a fun night! Awesome executive decision. You do such neat things. Keep posting...I always need tips!