We swapped out children at Gram's house today...leaving Lucy to take her siesta and picking Max up for a Reading Phillies game. The game was definitely a bigger hit than last year's adventure! We made it five full innings and didn't hear one complaint about the noise level...a drastic improvement over last year.

We did waste a little time in the parking lot before the game started so a majority of the crowd waiting to enter the gates could disperse before we entered. Max spent the pre-game time warming up so he could catch a foul ball during the game.


The Reading Phillies have a few games each year dedicated to children's activities...today was a Crazy Hot Dog Vendor piggy bank giveaway. In case you are wondering, this is the Crazy Hot Dog Vendor...Max had his glove signed by CHDV. (Chris and I decided the autograph session would have gone much quicker if he used his initials...but he signed his full name so it took about 20 minutes to get the prized siggy!) Max also had his glove signed by Screwball...another mascot. I still get a kick out of Max waiting in line to shake hands with a mascot...he sure has changed in a few short years! I officially declared his fear of mascots over after he looked in sheer awe, wonder and excitement at a crazy man sitting on a ostrich.
Before leaving the game, Max insisted on having his picture taken with his all-time favorite player...J-Rol. (By the way, Max is holding a dollar dog in this picture. I think Chris' proudest moment came today when Max cheered when the announcer reminded everyone that today was dollar hot dog day. Chris and his buddies love those dollar dogs!)
2 comments:
Wow Max has grown quite a bit - he's almost as tall as Jimmy Rollins. :)
What a fun day Max had! I haven't officially done a staycation, but I am tempted. Not that we would stay but it seems like we never have time to do the things closest to us... Have a good week!
Post a Comment