This weekend Chris, Max and I went to Chris' cousin's wedding in Norfolk, VA. We left Lucy at my parents because, quite simply, the girl despises the car. A trip to the grocery store is traumatic for Lulu so she spent the weekend getting spoiled at Gram and PopPop's. A bonus of Lucy spending time away was that Max got some quality Mommy and Daddy time. We had some very deep conversations on the way down to the wedding...here is a recap of how we spent 8 hours in the car on Friday.
10:01 - We are pulling out of our driveway and Max asks for a movie. He only gets a movie on vacation trips. We tell him we at least need to be out of the State first.
10:04 - Are we there yet? We have not even merged onto 422 at this point.
10:15 - I'm hungry. Can we stop for breakfast?
11:15- I'm bored. Chris suggests counting the number of baseball stadiums we see on the way down. This seems to intrigue Max.
11:45 - I have to go to the bathroom. We pull off to a McDonald's that happens to have a playland. Max insists that staying at the playland all day would be much more fun than vacation.
12:00 - I'm hungry. Can we stop for lunch?
12:05 - The word "poop" starts flying out of Max's mouth because the answer to the previous question was no. This conversation gets us through all of Delaware. Chris and I try to keep straight faces as we explain this is not appropriate language. Max finally gets the hint and stops saying "poop."
12:35 - The word "pee-pee" starts flying out of Max's mouth. Again, Chris and I revisit the inappropriate language conversation.
1:15 - Max takes his shoes and socks off and begins picking the sock fuzz from between his toes. He painstakingly picks every single piece of fuzz. I only wish he kept the rest of himself so clean. This is the same boy that I have to reason with to wash both hands when he uses the bathroom, even though, in his words "I only used one hand."
1:45 - Lunch...finally...Max is too busy stuffing his face so we have a few minutes of sweet silence.
2:30 - Sweet, sweet silence as Max passes out mid-sentence into a deep sleep for an hour.
3:45 - I want a movie. We indulge this request hoping it will get us through the remaining few hours.
4:45 - I have to go to the bathroom. Really bad. I really really have to go. I have to go now. We pull over and I take Max into a convenience store bathroom. He starts questioning the girl on the door of the bathroom and launches into "I am a man. I need to use the man's room. Not the girl bathroom." I tell him to stop talking and go so we can get on the road. He has to go so bad that the fight is short-lived.
5:45 - Traffic, traffic, traffic. NO!!!!!!! We were doing to well.
6:00 - Are we there yet?
6:01 - Are we there yet?
6:02 - Are we there yet? (I admit some of these might have been Mommy at this point.)
6:03 - I really really really have to go to the bathroom.
6:04 - 6:30 - I have to go now, Daddy. (Mind you, all this was as we were stuck on a bridge.)
6:45 - We have arrived! Max and I run into the bathroom. He, again, briefly stops to look at the female sign on the door and realizes he has to go way to bad to even put up a token fight.
As soon as this entry is posted, I am looking into airfare for our NC trip :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment