Monday, June 16, 2008

Sibling Love

I have spent a lot of time this past week thinking about Lucy and her big birthday coming up. I realized today that in addition to bringing her Mommy and Daddy much joy over the past year, she has also brought lots of happiness and love to her big brother. I also stopped today to think about how much Max has grown over the past year and really started to show a side of him that only Lucy can bring out. Before Lucy came around, we knew Max was a sweet kid - but he certainly has sweetened up ten-fold around Lulu. It has been heartwarming to watch the two of them together over the past year. Since the day Lucy came into our lives, Max has been attached to her. The minute she cries, he runs to get Lucy her favorite lovey...he asks his teachers to stop by her class most afternoons so he can give her a kiss...he claps and cheers when she does something new for the first time...he runs into her room the minute she stirs in her crib to make sure she is okay...these are just some of the things that Max does for his little Lulu. And, Lucy only has eyes for Max...she is constantly trying to hold his hand in the car...she saves her biggest laughs for her silly big brother...and she loves trying to chase after him these days...
Growing up as an only child, I always knew that I wanted to have at least two kids so they would always have each other. Hopefully, these cute rituals they have with each other are the foundation of a lifelong friendship.

1 comment:

Murph said...

There is nothing like asibling - best friends one minute and worst enemies the next. But Max is an awesome big brother!