I often feel that Chris and I are much like Chandler on Friends...we both have jobs that no one really knows what we do...apparently, neither does Max. When Chris got his new job, we were talking at dinner about how Daddy would be starting a new job. Max asked us what our favorite jobs were at work...flag waver, door holder, line leader, weather helper, calendar helper, snack helper, etc. We looked at each other, thought about explaining that we have different kind of jobs than he has at school, then realized that Max's questions can go on forever, and decided to just answer with a simple "weather helper"...which brings us to last night. Max and I were laying in bed talking when he turns to me and asks very seriously, "How does the weather helper like his new job?" I looked at him with a blank stare because I had no idea what he was talking about at that moment. He realized this and said "How does Daddy like his new job as the weather helper?" I just had to laugh aloud...and, to answer your question, Daddy likes his new job as the weather helper.
In other news around our house, Goose will soon be joining Max in his endless banter. She has been trying to talk a mile a minute this past week. I really noticed yesterday when I spent the day at home with her...she now regularly says fish, shoes, cracker and something that resembles milk. She also tries to say please when she does the sign. Unfortunately, she still doesn't say anyone's name with any consistency...but given that Max calls "MOMMY!" a few hundred times a day, I can wait a little long for Goose to join in.
On the illness front, things are looking up for Lucy and down for Max. We had a good day with Lucy today but Max's cough has reached a new level and he woke from his nap with some very scary breathing...I actually contemplated whether or not I should take him to the ER, but he was talking fine through it, so I held off...I hope I made the right decision. It is sometimes so hard to tell how sick he really is because he just never acts sick...I guess he was so accustomed to feeling bad early on that he adapts easily to illnesses. I am taking him in tomorrow and I have a feeling we will be sent to get a "picture" of his chest...which would be an x-ray to the rest of us. Max loves getting x-rays...he smiles wide for the camera each time...he is such a goof ball! The other night, he was pretending to eat something he wasn't supposed to eat so I threatened him with having to go to the hospital if he swallowed it...he started saying "But, I LOVE the hospital." I had nothin' after that...if a threat of a hospital doesn't scare him, I am not sure what else would!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sure couldn't tell you what Chris does! But now I have an answer - when people ask I'll tell them "weather helper". Thanks, Max!
Kathy
Post a Comment