Well, the blog is called "The Adventures of Max and Lucy" and adventures they are! I'll begin with Max and then move on to Lucy...
Max hasn't been feeling well since last Friday. Things turned downhill fast on Monday and Max spiked a high fever and generally felt awful. He even asked to come home from school...which NEVER happens. Off to the pediatrician we went Monday...turns out he has an ear infection and a sinus infection. While these may seem like typical "kid" issues, Max has been having increasingly worse reactions to most antibiotics over the past year so we were left wondering what to do. After several calls to the specialists and six drug companies, I found out that most of the antibiotics he was taking are cultured in milk...GRRR! So, it looks like oral antibiotics are out for the near future. A wonderful, imaginative nurse at Max's ENT suggested inhaled antibiotics...so we are waiting for our package of this new option to arrive. He will have to use a special nebulizer three times a day so Max will be getting lots of movie time. Wish us luck, because if this doesn't work, I am not sure what we do next.
On to the next kid...Lucy had her evaluation for early intervention this morning. She is very slow on her physical development skills and some self-help skills, like holding her bottle. Well, all the doctors were right and she does need some help. She is completely fine socially and cognitively but needs some help learning to move around. So, Lucy will be starting therapy in a few weeks. I have no doubts she will catch up quickly...she was already trying to do things she would never have done before in the short time they were here. Lucy loved all the attention too...so I am sure she will love having a weekly visitor dedicated to just her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor Max! It seems the drug companies should disclose that info!
And I thought the surgery was supposed to help with the sinus infections. Never a dull moment.
Kathy
Post a Comment