Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Cleaning

If you haven't been invited to our house in a bit, it is most likely due to the fact that it was in complete disarray. With all of us being sick over the past month, I just haven't had the time or motivation to clean. I was determined to get the house clean and organized this weekend - regardless of whatever illnesses came up! I even enrolled the help of Max and Daddy in my quest to clean the house.

Lucy decided she didn't want to help clean this weekend and started with a stomach bug on Friday night. Mommy had little sympathy for her plight. So, what do you do with a baby who is throwing up on your clean carpet? You put her in a washable laundry basket and continue to clean. Lucy thought this was a novelty and didn't mind the confinement to her "baby jail"! (Excuse the lack of clothing...it was also laundry day...and Lucy has very few outfits that fit her fullish figure these days so I didn't want her throwing up on one of her few remaining clean outfits!)
Max was very enthusiastic to help me clean his bedroom - he loves dusting.

After a few mintues, though, Max tends to get bored. He decided that using his bed as an American Gladiators obstacle was more fun that cleaning. (And, yes, those are shorts Max is wearing...it was 35 degrees out this morning...refer to the post about not worth fighting for an explanation!)
In addition to our busy weekend of cleaning, I also did a consignment sale. After the past few weeks, the kids are lucky that I didn't consign them! Max got a new car set from the sale and Lucy is the proud owner of a new baby buggy. Everyone in the neighborhood took turns pushing her around...she was in heaven!

No comments: