After we finish mixing the batter, Max saves me time by not having to wash the utensils.
After a LONG wait according to Max, we were able to enjoy our finished product. Max mentioned several times during the cooling off period - "The cupcakes are taking too long. I can't wait any longer." Patience is a virtue Max has not mastered yet!
After our busy weekend of picture-taking with Rudy and celebrating Daddy's birthday, it was Lucy's first day of school at Max's school on Monday. She did wonderful and we are very proud of our smiley girl. Apparently she did not cry once all day...huh...must be something I am doing wrong because we certainly do not have days like that here :) She sang, danced and did art all in her first morning. Lucy must have loved it because she was happy as a clam today when I dropped her off and gave her teachers a big smile. Here are some pics before we left the house for her first day.
Max is very protective of his little sister and insisted on going with me to pick Lucy up from her room. He listened very carefully to how her day was and asked her questions on the way home about what she did. He even helped me drop her off this morning and helped her get situated in her new room. By the time we left, Lucy must have had 10 toys piled in front of her - Max kept bringing her toys while I talked to her teachers. He also reminded her several times that he was just down the hall if she needed him or if she got sad...I am sure this caring big-brother attitude will not last forever, but I am enjoying the sweetness of it while it lasts!
No comments:
Post a Comment