Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Max's Take on Things

Max is always talking away about something. Most times, we tend to just let him go off for a few minutes, give a reassuring nod every couple of seconds and at the end try to recap what he just told us. This past week he had a few lines that I just have to write down so I will remember them twenty years from now.

Max has tummy issues every now and then. One night last week after his bath, he was complaining that his belly really hurt. When Chris said it probably hurt because he ate some chicken at dinner (which tends to be a no-no, but he was begging for chicken nuggets), Max firmly told us that it hurt because he missed his nightly ritual of a popsicle with his neighborhood friends. He kept telling us that a popsicle would make it all better.

Then, last Friday, Gram and PopPop stopped by for a few hours in the morning as they typically do every Friday. Max had used the bathroom and left the seat up after he was finished. I have given up reminding him to put it down because I would have better luck talking to the wall at this point. Anyway, my mom told him that he needed to put the seat down because if he forgot, she would fall in. I was out doing errands during this conversation. When I returned, Max came running to the front door and exclaimed that we had to put the seat down every time we used the bathroom because otherwise "Gram will fall in and be lost forever. And, then I will only have a PopPop and not a Gram." He also reiterated this fact to Chris when he got home from work. If only it had stuck. The toilet seat is up as I type this post. When I gather enough energy, I am going to start the battle again of reminding him.

Lastly, every now and then, Max puts up a ridiculous fight at bedtime. I mentioned this in passing to my mom last week. When I was out last Friday, she must have had a little chat with Beefy. When I asked Max to get ready for his bath on Friday night, he refused to get in the tub because he was "thinking about how tired Mommy and Daddy are." He even had his hands clasped around his thinking face the entire time. When I started getting more annoyed with his resistance, he explained that Gram told him that he should think twice every night before giving us a hard time at bedtime because Mommy and Daddy work very hard and are tired at the end fo the day. He kept telling me he couldn't get in the bath because he "had to think."

2 comments:

Murph said...

Classic! Make sure to pull those stories out when a date comes around!

Murph said...

Check out my blog for a new game I just tagged you for.
Kathy