Thursday, August 28, 2008

A View from the Top

The weather on Wednesday was not looking great for the pool, so we decided to head out to the Corolla Lighthouse. We had driven by several times and Max requested several times to visit. I was a bit hesistant on letting Max go up because I was afraid he would want to be carried once we got inside. To our pleasant surprise, he walked up all 200 steps by himself. Of course, as soon as we reached the top, it started raining, but it was worth the hike up for the view. Max was excited because he could see several water towers from the top...he has a thing for water towers. I must give Chris all the credit for carrying our 30 pound sack of love (a.k.a Lucy) to the top by himself...I don't know how he did it!

Corolla Lighthouse...
The beginning of the journey... A view from the top... Stopping for a break on the way down... Exploring the sandy yard of the lighthouse...

No comments: