I finally broke down and gave Max a bath tonight. Baths are Daddy's special time with the kids and one of my least favorite things to do. Since Chris is gone for 6 nights I figured there was no way I could get away without giving the kids a bath at least a few nights this week! Max had swimming today so I thought it might be a good idea to get him cleaned up when we got home. As you can see by the first picture, he was very reluctant to get into the tub.
After a few minutes, he remembered that he really does like baths...
We are surviving our week without Daddy...we miss him terribly, but we are keeping it together rather well. We have managed to get out the door each morning by 7:20...usually Daddy gets the kids dressed and fed while I get ready upstairs so I wasn't sure how this week would work, but it has turned out okay so far. I have actually enjoyed having some time alone with Max. When Daddy is around, Mommy is usually invisible to Max! Max has really been a huge help this week...he has gotten himself dressed each morning and helped play with Lucy while I get the car packed. I really appreciate how much he has been trying to help, but a little part of me realizes how much he is growing up too. Tonight, after his bath, I said "Where has my little baby gone?" Max said "She sleeping in her crib." When I told him he would always be my little baby, he rolled his eyes and said "Mommy. Ugh. I am a big boy." I have a feeling the eye rolling is only beginning :)
Here is one final picture Max and I took while we were playing after his bath tonight...
I better run...Dancing with the Stars is on in a few minutes...time to get our snack and cuddle up in bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment