Today is Day 4 of Daddy being away. I have learned many valuable lessons this week. Here is a quick summary of what Max and Lucy have taught me this week...
1.) I do not make school lunches the same as Daddy. I had only been packing two things for Max's lunch this week - a fruit and a sandwich. Max told his teacher he was "starving because mommy is making my lunch and she doesn't know how to do it. Daddy is away." Apparently, Chris packs 3 or 4 items for lunch for Max. Max's teacher had to tell me to pack a bigger lunch.
2.) I do not know nearly enough about the Phillies to answer Max's 100 questions a day. A few sample questions from today include: What number is Ryan Howard? Who do the Phillies play tonight? Is Jimmy's ankle better?
3.) I do not stay up late enough to give Max his Phillies update each morning. Max and Chris have worked out a system. If Max's Phillies hat is on his bed in the morning when he wakes up, the Phillies have lost. If it is on his bookcase, they won. The last time I stayed up until midnight it was certainly not to watch the final innings of a baseball game!
4.) Lucy is a really heavy baby...I am going to be quite muscular after being the sole carrier of her all week!
5.) I am not imaginative enough for Show-and-Tell at school. Max was a bit upset at me yesterday because another child brought in the same show-and-tell. Max and Daddy pride themselves on being very creative and try to come up with unique items for whatever the letter of the week is. Mommy is happy she even remembered it was show-and-tell.
6.) Chris is a pretty amazing dad. I always knew he was a special father, but flying solo this week has made me realize how involved he is in the kids' lives. While I am busy cleaning the house, calling doctors and making sure basic needs are met everyday, Chris is making sure the kids have the best childhood possible. At the end of the day, I am beginning to realize how unimportant a clean house is and how important little things are - like Max's hat system for the Phillies and his special show-and-tell's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment